Does Shyp offer a guarantee against loss or damage?
Every item packaged by Shyp is automatically guaranteed against loss or damage for an amount up to $100. Additional guarantee coverage is available for purchase in the app at a rate of $0.95 per $100 in increments of $100. For example, if you’d like to protect a shipment for $500 total, you’ll need to purchase an additional $400 of guarantee coverage for $3.80. Guarantee coverage is only available for US domestic shipments and our 3-7 days express option, and a maximum of $5,000 value may be declared per shipment. Shyp credit can not be applied to purchase additional guarantee coverage. Your guarantee coverage is governed by our Terms of Service.
Please note, as per our Terms of Service, the following are not covered by the guarantee:
- Shipments marked as 'Delivered' by the carrier.
- Anything sent by USPS First Class International Mail
- Anything sent using a pre-paid label
- Anything not packaged by Shyp (self-packaged)
- Shipments that are lost or damaged as a result of 'force majeure' or an 'act of God', such as severe weather.
How do I file a claim?
We want to ensure you have a great experience every time you use Shyp. However, if things do not go according to plan please let us know so we can try to make it right. To file a claim, tap on 'Make a claim' under 'Existing Shipment' in our Help Center, or search 'Make a claim'.